Friday, 21 November 2014
01. Dorothy Gooch, Part 2
02. Dorothy Gooch, Part 1
03. Two American Folk Hymns
04. In The Still Of The Night
05. Banjo Street
06. My Prayer
07. Springtime In Azalea City
08. Our Lady Of Sorrows
This is an unreleased original John Fahey album. Written, recorded and completed at the same time as 'Old Girlfriends And Other Horrible Memories'. There is no artwork for this and would probably have been on the Varrick label if originally released.
'Dorothy Gooch, Part 2' was originally intended to have lyrics, but was never completed. The second part is a re-recording of 'Voice Of The Turtle' track.
'Two American Hymns' is a re-recording from 'Yes! Jesus Loves Me'.
'In The Still Of The Night' is a cover of the hit record by The 5 Satins.
'Banjo Street' is a new composition.
'My Prayer' is a cover of a single by The Platters.
'Springtime In Azalea City' is from Fahey's own archives and dates from 1965/66.
'Our Lady Of Sorrows' is a new version of 'The Voice Of The Turtle'.
Pye Corner Audio Transcription Services 2011
01. Mirror Sequence
02. Electronic Rhythm Number Seven
03. Transmission Four : Crooked Hill
04. Electronic Rhythm Number Four
05. Through the King's Wood
07. Theme Number Six
08. Toward Light
09. Sine Times Nine
10. Ecneuqes Rorrim
More delicious analogue bleeps and blips from PCA. Self released in 2011, this sounds a lot like it's predecessor, but may just have the edge. Paired with that record the following year and all three Black Mill Tapes have since been collected in a bonanza C.D. edition. I suggest you buy that, but in the meantime...
Unknown label and year.
01. The Lea Riders Group - Dom Kellar Oss Mods
02. Träd Gräs Och Stenar - I Ljuset Av Din Dag
03. Sogmusobil - Arabic in the Morning
04. Charlie & Esdor - Dagen Ar Over
05. Love Explosion - Stockholm City (Live)
06. Solen Skiner - Militar (Live)
07. Mecki Mark Men - Opening
08. Mecki Mark Men - Playing Child
09. Baby Grandmothers - Raw Diamond
10. Arbete & Fritid - Petrokemi, Det Kan Man Inte Bada I
11. Parson Sound - Tio Minuter
Yowsa! There is literally STACKS of top notch Swedish Psych out there. Parson Sound and International Harvester would have to be my favourites, but this comp is a good way in. I can't remember where I got it (the label and year are a mystery).
The Lea Riders Group track is a real trip, 'Dagen Ar Over' by Charlie & Esdor is one of the greatest singles EVER and the aforementioned Parson Sound prove once again there is an argument for them being the greatest Swedish psych group of all.