Tuesday, 27 December 2016
RCA Italiana 1970
01. The Feed-Back
This record has to be my find of the year (cheer, Al). Almost a Library music supergroup; percussion by Egisto Macchi, an uncredited Ennio Morricone on trumpet, some amazing guitar playing by Bruno Battisti D'Amario and some of the greatest drums I've ever heard by Renzo Restuccia.
Avant garde happenings with supreme beats. Fantastic.
Note: there was a nice 2014 re-issue on Schema.
Glass Records 1987
01. Transparent Radiation
02. Ecstasy Symphony
03. Transparent Radiation (Flashback)
04. Things'll Never be the Same
The second 'single' release by Spacemen 3 was a forty minute E.P., a companion to the album 'The Perfect Prescription' and their most ambitious project yet.
Recorded between January and July 1987 at VHF Studios in Rugby. The versions of 'Transparent Radiation' and 'Ecstasy Symphony' are exclusive to this release.
01. Hedgehog Pie - Fishing Song
02. Midwinter - Sanctuary Stone
03. Unknown - Vaseh Del Bala Shodi
04. Samba Des Vampires - Sleeping Beauty
05. Ithica - Dreams: Story of Our Time/Beneath This Sky
06. Spirogyra - Love Is a Funny Thing
07. Trader Horne - Morning Way
08. Mark Fry - Dreaming With Alice
09. Ramases - Earth People
10. Extradition - A Love Song
11. Bobby Brown - I Must Be Born
12. Unknown - Unknown
13. Frogmorton - Judas & Mary
14. Can Am Des Puig - Who Can be Muddy
15. Kaleidoscope - The Sky Children
The final installment of the pytch folk series 'In the Lost Queen's Eyes'.
Thank you, Creepy Powers.
Next month, a new series.