Sunday, 25 June 2017
01. Soother of Grief I
02. Short Term Memory Loss Replaced by Nostalgia that Never Existed
03. Soother of Grief II
Between late 2014 and early 2017, I archived any recordings I made; field recordings, demos,
experiments and so on. I put them to one side, unsure of what to do with them.
Occasionally I would review an experiment or refer to a demo. It occurred to me that most of these
recordings would go nowhere, so I decided to give them a home.
In February and March of this year I 'performed' collages of these tracks, the live mix being the
The end result is like an aural mind diary; ideas and sounds all together. It makes some kind of
sense to me.
As always, there is a free download over at Bandcamp.
01. Cul de Sac - I Remember Nothing More
02. Vincent Gallo - Honey Bunny (Mono Version)
03. Plaid - Rakimou
04. John Callaghan - You've Got Your Memories, I've Got My Dreams
05. Savath & Savalas - Um Girassol da Cor de Seu Cabelo (A Sunflower the Colour of Your Hair)
06. Tim Exile - A Little Bit More
07. Prefuse 73 - Perverted Undertone
08. DM & Jemini - The Only One
09. Nightmares On Wax - Know My Name
10. Red Snapper - One Legged Low Frequency Guy
11. Slum - Twilight Mushrooms
12. Broadcast - Message from Home
13. Jimi Tenor - Sugardaddy (Radio Edit)
14. John Callaghan - Give Me Some Air
15. Stereolab - The Brush Descends the Length
16. Vincent Gallo - So Sad
17. Gravenhurst - Cities Beneath the Sea
'I Remember Nothing More' taken from the 2004 soundtrack Dead Man's Shoes, WARPCD126.
'Honey Bunny (Mono Version)' taken from the 2001 promo-only 7" Honey Bunny, 7261-WARP01-7.
'Rakimou' taken from the 1997 album Not For Threes, WARPCD54.
'You've Got Your Memories, I've Got My Dreams' taken from the 2000 10" You've Got Your Memories, I've Got My Dreams, 10WAP137.
'Um Girassol da Cor de Seu Cabelo (A Sunflower the Colour of Your Hair)' taken from the 2004 album Apropa't, WARPCD115.
'A Little Bit More' taken from the Recreated volume of the 2009 compilation box set Warp20, WARP20°.
'Perverted Undertone' taken from the 2003 album One Word Extinguisher, WARPCD105.
'The Only One' taken from the 2004 soundtrack Dead Man's Shoes, WARPCD126.
'Know My Name' taken from the 2002 single Know My Name, WAP159CD.
'One Legged Low Frequency Guy' taken from the 1995 album Reeled and Skinned, WARPCD33.
'Twilight Mushrooms' taken from the 1999 7" Twilight Mushrooms, 7WAP117.
'Message from Home' taken from the 1997 album Work and Non Work, WARPCD52.
'Sugardaddy (Radio Edit)' taken from the 1997 single Sugardaddy / Take Me Baby (and modified slightly), WAP93CD.
'Give Me Some Air' taken from the 1998 7" I'm Not Comfortable Inside My Mind, 7WAP110.
'The Brush Descends the Length' taken from the 1998 compilation Aluminium Tunes, WARPCD59.
'So Sad' taken from the 2001 single So Sad, WAP149CD.
'Cities Beneath the Sea' taken from the 2005 album Fires In Distant Buildings, WARPCD132.
Monday, 22 May 2017
01. Sonic Boom & Delia Derbyshire - Synchrondipity Machine
02. Sun Ra - Halloween in Harlem
03. Vince Taylor - My Baby Left Me
04. Robert Hermel - Apesanteur
05. The Advisory Circle with Hong Kong In the 60s - Seasons Change
06. The Gosdin Brothers - Tell Me
07. Cybe - Painting No. 8
08. The Feed-Back - The Fed-Back
09. Jean-Claude Vannier - Le Roi des Mouches et la Confi
10. Damon Lane - I Wonder Why
11. Jacques Lasry - Maneche (Picture Box Theme)
12. Children of the Mushroom - August Mademoiselle
13. The Strawberry Alarm Clock - Pass Time with the Sac
14. The Ambrosia Singers - Children of the Stones Theme
15. Rusalnaia - The Sailor and The Siren
16. Brown, Gabo & Orchestre Poly-Rythmo - It's a Vanity
17. The Beatles - Sour Milk Sea
18. Ash Ra Tempel - Le Songe d'Or
19. Pye Corner Audio - Toward Light
New comp. Proud of the flow on this one.
Fire Records 1991.
01. Big City (Everybody I Know Can Be Found Here)
03. Big City (Waves of Joy Demo)
04. Drive (Demo)
'Big City'/'Drive' was released ahead of the final Spacemen 3 album 'Recurring'. Sporadically recorded and mixed throughout 1990, relations between Kember and Pierce had completely broken down during the sessions. The result was that each composer had a side of the record each for their own compositions.
The music didn't suffer however; 'Big City' was a ten minute acid house pulse and 'Drive' was acid bluesy and hymnal, pointing toward each artists future solo career.
01. FUSE - Train-Trac.1
02. Autechre - Teartear
03. Prefuse 73 - Choking You
04. Harmonic 313 - Problem 2 - Neon
05. VLAD - Big City Ruins
06. Squarepusher - Do You Know Squarepusher
07. Jake Slazenger - Hot Fumes
08. Jimmy Edgar - Personal Information
09. Woodenspoon - Souff Souff
10. AFX - Every Day
11. Disjecta - Kracht
12. Autechre - Leterel
13. Mira Calix - Humba
14. Seefeel - Fracture
15. LFO - Tied Up
'Train-Trac.1' taken from the 1993 single Train-Tracs, WAP38CD.
'Teartear' taken from the 1994 album Amber, WARPCD25.
'Choking You' taken from the 2003 album One Word Extinguisher, WARPCD105.
'Problem 2 - Neon' taken from the 2008 EP EP1 (flac download version), WAP231F.
'Big City Ruins' taken from the 2000 single Motion Institute, WAP130CD.
'Do You Know Squarepusher' taken from the 2002 album Do You Know Squarepusher, WARPCD97.
'Hot Fumes' taken from the 1996 album Das Ist Ein Groovybeat, Ja, WARPCD42.
'Personal Information' taken from the 2005 album Color Strip, WARPCD116.
'Souff Souff' taken from the 1996 12" Souff Souff, WAP77.
'Every Day' taken from the 2005 compilation Hangable Auto Bulb (reissued and compiled from 1995), WARPCD138.
'Kracht' taken from the 1996 album Clean Pit and Lid, WARPCD41.
'Leterel' taken from the 1995 album Tri Repetae, WARPCD38.
'Humba' taken from the 1996 10" Ilanga, WAP83.
'Fracture' taken from the 1994 single Fracture / Tied, WAP53CD.
'Tied Up' taken from the 1994 single Tied Up, WAP56CD.
Saturday, 22 April 2017
01. Jedi Knights - Pubic Funk (Live)
02. Elecktroids - Stun Gun
03. Forgemasters - Track With No Name
04. Astrobotnia - Everyone
05. Link & E621 - Antacid (Remix by Jedi Knights)
06. Coco Steel and Lovebomb - Express
07. Wildplanet - Electron
08. Kid Unknown - Nightmare (Radio Edit)
09. Rhythm Invention - Chronoclasm
10. DIY (Barney) - Dabud
11. Mike Ink: Paroles
12. Speedy J - De-Orbit
13. Rubber Johnny - DrumRolyPoly
14. Lex Loofah - Ooh La La
'Pubic Funk' [Live] taken from the 1995 compilation The Theory of Evolution, WARPCD29.
'Stun Gun' taken from the 1995 album Elektroworld, WARPCD35.
'Track With No Name' taken from the 1989 12" Track With No Name, WAP1 (This was the first ever Warp release, I could hardly leave it out).
'Everyone' originally untitled track 2 from the 'Astrobotnia II' 12" on Rephlex Records, taken from the 2002 compilation Magic Bus Tracks, WARPCD100.
'Antacid' Jedi Knights remix taken from the 1995 single Antacid, WAP59CD.
'Express' taken from the the 1994 album It!, WARPCD24.
'Electron' taken from the 1993 album Blueprint, WARPCD11.
'Nightmare', Radio Edit, taken from the 1992 single Nightmare, WAP20CD.
'Chronoclasm' taken from the 1993 album Inventures In Wonderland, WARPCD15.
'Dabud' taken from the 1993 album Strictly 4 Groovers, WARPCD18.
'Paroles' original version taken from the 1996 double 12" Paroles and played at the incorrect speed of 33rpm.
'De-Orbit' taken from the 1993 album Ginger, WARPCD14.
'DrumRolyPoly' taken from the 1997 single JamRolyPoly, WAP91CD.
'Ooh La La' taken from the 1994 single Freaky Deaky, WAP41CD.