Saturday, 16 February 2013
VARIOUS ARTISTS - ESPACE ET ACTUALTE
Musique Pour L'Image 1967
01. Claude Vasori - Départ Fusée
02. Robert Hermel - Industrie Spatiale
03. François Bayle - Titan
04. Claude Vasori - Espace Chromatique
05. François Bayle - Andromede
06. Robert Hermel - Apesanteur
07. Patrice Sciortino - Alchimie Rythmique
08. Patrice Sciortino - Ville Sanse Vie
09. Patrice Sciortino - Abimes Souterrains
10. Patrice Sciortino - Danger Sous Roche
11. Patrice Sciortino - Approache Dramatique
12. Patrice Sciortino - Hostilite
13. Patrice Sciortino - Tumulte
This French album from 1967 is a showcase of sorts for library music artists.
Side 2 is essentially a mini album from Patrice Sciortino. These early recordings are less intense than the percussion driven pieces he would later develop. Piano, bells and harps having a more melodic touch than later albums.
I prefer side 1, several related tracks of eeire, ominous ambient space music. The tracks on this side would perfectly suit some existensial French space movie that was never made. Spooky and great.