Friday 20 March 2020

Various Artists - Three Films by Goatherder



TOR071. Released March 2020.

01. The Heartwood Institute - Castlerigg
02. Amy Tweddle - RAF Silloth Abandoned
03. Goatherder - Kingmoor

Last year, I was preparing for a photography exhibition. As I collected together the pictures, I began to wonder about film, and how static film shots differ from still life photographs.

In October, I chose and shot at three different locations. They were the Castlerigg stone circle near Keswick, the abandoned RAF base in Silloth and Kingmoor nature reserve in Carlisle. All locations are in Cumbria.

I had began discussing film and soundtracks with two friends; Jonathan Sharp (The Heartwood Institute) and Amy Tweddle (wearequasaars), and they provide two of the pieces here.The third I made myself.

Three short films about the absence of people.

Links below for both film and soundtrack.





1 comment:

the saucer people said...

Enjoyed the Castlerigg segment the most - the music and visuals evoked both the The Children of the Stones and Quatermass 1979 UK TV series for me, which is high praise indeed. I've visited the Stones a couple of times and you really captured the way my memory encodes the experience of the visits.

The RAF base segment reminded me just how spectral the NSA Menwith Hill site in North Yorkshire will look once its abandoned and reclaimed by the elements (and not a moment too soon).